Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Island Hopping in Zambales

Back in 2010, a good friend of mine invited me to join her and her friends for a vacation in Zambales. I must say that it is one of the best vacays I had. Aside from the beauty of the place, I laughed non-stop in this trip. I mean the sense of humor of the people I was with just clicked with mine :)


I am astounded with how beautiful Zambales is. I am not very familiar with it and I did not expect that it was that pretty. I was able to savor its beauty because in this trip, the rule was that “no one is allowed to sleep in the car” hahahaha. So, I was able to catch the sunrise which was just fantastic.

Zambales sunrise!!!! Very serene :)(Shot taken by Baby)

At Camara Island

Shot I took on our way to Capones Island

Going up to the Capones lighthouse. It is very very rustic and mysterious :) 

Lighthouse tower

Lighthouse gate

at the top of the lighthouse! the world is round! :)

Me taking pictures while on top of the lighthouse

In Anawangin Island

Behind the pine trees is the beach. I find this very unique to Anawangin Island - beach and river adjacent to each other and  the presence of pine trees! I felt like I was in New Zealand :p

Loving Anawangin

Now the beach!

Us at Anawangin Island :)

The next day adventure was going to Potipot Island. It is located in another municipality (Candelaria, Zambales) and if my memory serves me right, we traveled for one hour from San Antonio to Candelaria via private car.  Just like the other islands, you will stay in the main island and will ride a boat going to Potipot Island.

The highlight of our Potipot trip was that we had a sponsor. Haha. So, somebody lent us a speedboat (instead of riding the usual boats that transport people to the island) and jetski and that we were prepared of food and we had one of the biggest cottages in the island :) I felt like I was a royal blood just for a day :) ahahaha


feeling sosyal sa speedboat :p on our way to potipot :)

Our bountiful meal at potipot :) pinagdala kami ng food so we did not have to fend for ourselves :)

As I said, may jetski na pinahiram so that is me driving one. I am always scared of speed so if you may notice I was screaming while driving. hahaha

Potipot for me is a good substitute for Boracay. Still nothing beats the powdery white sand of Boracay but in Potipot the sand is also nice (pebble type and whitish), the water is warm, the waves are just fine and the sunset makes me drool!!!

Now, let me take you to potipot's sun and sand :)

the enticing beach of potipot :

the potipot island sand

Basking under the sun :)

Sunset! :)

Sunset again :)

Romantic :) My favorite shot in Potipot

we are leaving potipot at this moment. the silhouette at the horizon is Potipot island. the sunset was just lovely.


The happy me in a jumpshot :)

Other than that..I had a blast :)

I love you Zambales :) I love you Philippines!


PS. for more pics you can visit my photography site:


We first went to the Island of Capones, Camara and Anawangin. All I can say is that these Islands are just simply majestic. It was not the first time I visited Capones but during this time, it was ultra fun having the funniest people around. 

We hired a boat going to the islands. The boats are docked in the main island - San Antonio, Zambales. Resorts are situated in San Antonio but I believe Anawangin Island is open for campers. When I was there, the islands did not have facilities. In Anawangin, sari sari stores exist but the price of the goods is way too high! Haha.


If there is only one thing, the waves going to capones, camara and anawangin were so big, it was scary. I believe there are months when the wave is not that strong so if you are a little water sick then better check first which season is the best time to visit these islands.

http://glaizaveluz.weebly.com/potipot-island.html
http://glaizaveluz.weebly.com/anawangin-island.html
http://glaizaveluz.weebly.com/capones-and-camara-island.html

No comments:

Post a Comment