Saturday, June 13, 2015

That Serene and Beautiful Guimaras

Disclaimer: This vacay happened in 2008. For the most part, I cannot remember the exact spots we went to @_@ But I hope the pictures suffice! And hey, there’s google right? :p

Back in 2008, some friends and I wanted to take a vacation on a beach. I came up with a bright idea to go to Guimaras. Well, I believe not everyone has it as a bucketlist, so I thought it is kinda adventurous to go to somewhere not that explored. I was also thrilled with the idea of going to an island. Google told me that Guimaras Island is called “A Poor Man’s Boracay.” Equally as beautiful as Boracay but is more affordable. I can take that.

Off we went then to Guimaras. To get there, one should ride an Iloilo bound plane. From the Iloilo airport, you have to travel to the port (in this travel, we rode a van going to the port and I cannot recall if we arranged this with the resort – I suppose we did). I totally forgot the name of that port but here are some pics.






If my memory serves me right (again, trying to remember!), we traveled from 30 mins to 1 hour via motorized boat, before arriving to the resort. We were booked to “Baras Beach Resort.” I don’t know about my companions but this resort really fit me. It was located within an islet and thus, there were not much waves; it's very calm and serene. I really loved it. I mean I particularly love this resort because of its quietness.

The motorized boat that transported us to Baras Beach Resort

View from the boat. Told ya. No waves =)

View from the top.

The water is so clear, you can see this school of fishes!

touchdown Baras resort! =)

It's really funny because the resort has a doberman that just walks and walks and walks at the beach. I did not dare going near the dog. Doberman. Guard dog. Nuff said!


closer shot of mr. guard dog


The happy me chilling out after some nap. Overlooking Mr. Doberman =)

We were also housed in a cottage overviewing the beach, so basically, here was our view. Breathtaking, ey?





We were housed in cottages like this, atop the island, giving us the view of the beach at our heart's delight =)



We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights at the island. On the first day, we just basically chilled out and pigged out (the resort will also arrange your food; it’s part of the package – which I can hardly remember how much the cost was – but I am pretty sure it was affordable). 

On our second day, we went to go island hopping. So, for our first stop, we went to an island. A white sand beach (but still not as white as Boracay) but was also calm and quiet.

This was the small boat that we rode for the island hopping. She's called "saging." Buwas buhay sa liit! hehehe


This was our first stop. Really calm beach =) Love it!


This was me enjoying the water. Ok, ok, i wanna post this because I was slim here. That swimsuit does not fit me now :p


Showcasing that calm sea. Just to correct everyone in case, I am not the subject :p I think I took this shot though =)

We also visited a bat cave. This is the best shot I could have because it was so dark inside. And the shot's bad. Haha. I was just starting to discover my photography skills during this time. The selection here is like the best already. There were so many shots na tabingi ang horizon and panget ang composition. Hehehehe

 After a short stay fooling around at the beach, we also went to the sanctuaries and also to the part where there are starfish (ok, I also forgot the name of this starfish place, huhuhuhu)

We also went to a turtle sanctuary =)


Me with a companion in the trip..and me getting tensed while holding the turtle


They protect their island =) nice!



They also breed fish, like big fish monstrous like groper. Scary!


This is an example of the big monstrous fish being bred, but my camera just couldn't capture how big they are. 




Playing with the starfish =)

mangroves are also protected

Showcasing the crystal clear water. Fantastic right?

 We were also lucky that our trip coincided with a mango fair at the city. Here are the pics. The mangoes were really sweet by the way. But, but, expensive!









And what I like the most about Guimaras. Understatement! The SUNSET!!!!!!








One more shot, closer..



What is imprinted in me with my stay here is the marvelous peacefulness of the place. I always say to anyone that if you wanna go soul searching or you feel like writing a book, a poem or a thesis (well, for my grad school ahahahaha), or to paint or sculpt or draw, Guimaras, specifically, Baras Beach Resort is the place to be. It is so freaking serene I can hear my soul talking to me (ok, that’s freaky). I totally recommend this place to anyone who loves quietness. Perfect hideaway from the stresses of life.

One final look at the calm water of Baras Beach Resort

You bet. This is life! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment