Saturday, September 6, 2014

Books and Reads: My Faves

Source: https://untitlement.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/reading.jpg
I have been meaning to have a section on my blogsite where I list down all the books I like. And now I am finally allotting the time to do it.

Well, I am not really a bookworm. For some reason, I am very picky with the books I read. I get so bored easily. Some best sellers and classic, I tried reading but I got so bored. I am also not the type who will proactively seek for something to read, so the books I read are either required by professors/teachers or are influenced by friends. For those that hooked me, these books either mess with my head or I can totally relate to it =)


Anyways, I have been trying to target reading one book in a month. But...unfortunately, I end up playing video games or watching movies or TV. I hope one day I can get to read one book in a month :)


So back to the topic....


Now I am enlisting the books I like, Blame it to the trending challenge in Facebook where a friend is nominated to list down his/her favorite books. So a good friend of mine nominated me. I might have passed an impression that I like reading, but I like killing zombies more in video games :p


I thought I am not going to reach 10 books. My friend told me to include even academic books. Alright, that's good. When teachers require it, I am sure to read it. And there were a lot of school readings that I really liked. =) So i got to reach 10 books and more!


So here are my favorite books and academic hand outs =)


Since this is my blogsite, I am listing down beyond 10 (bwahahahahaha). These books are organized in random order. I think I love them all equally. :p


And this post will serve as my official blog for all my favorite books. So expect that more will be added to this list =)



Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coehlo

For me, it is a book that describes what I studied and learned in Sociology - my second love (my first love is music!).

Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coehlo

I am amazed on how an author can describe how and what a sex worker thinks. And I love the way Paulo Coehlo deconstructs reality here - what I like best about him =) I am just bothered that the bestfriend of the protagonist here is a Filipina, who has the protagonist's same profession. That's the impression for the Filipinas? Huhu

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

This made me wonder who will be the five people I meet in heaven.

Sociological Imagination by C. Wright Mills

This was a reading required back in college and this is a mind opener for me. Since it was ages ago, I already forgot what it says...all I can remember is - I really love this reading. hehe

The Miseducation of the Filipino by Renato Constantino

Very fresh reading (at the time of writing), as this was required by a professor in my grad school. It gave me a fresh perspective on American colonial rule and the English Language. And the author made very good sense to me. I like it when something that is just so common is criticized. Deconstructing reality really appeals to me.

ABNKKBSNPLAko?! by Bob Ong

I love this book as it talks about my childhood (80s child!) and some topics that made good sense =) I am a Bob Ong fan. I just wonder why his books now are so dark!

Ang Paboritong Libro ni Hudas by Bob Ong

I can't remember anymore the story of this. All I can remember is that I was laughing so hard when I was reading this book. Bob Ong humor is benta to me ;)

Stainless Longganisa by Bob Ong

I also can't remember the story of this one. But one thing that remains to my memory is that I find this book really funny and inspiring. =)

The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Finding out just recently that I am an introvert (always believed that I am an extro yet at the same time, I feel so weird socially, deep inside) made me totally relate to this book. It is so funny, that only a loner can understand ;)

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

This book has shaken me being a catholic raised and catholic school girl all my life. But the book is some sort of an emancipation as well. It's like a truth engraved at the other side of the coin. I didn't stop reading this book until I finished it. I like the action here too!

Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri

This was a literature piece we studied back in highschool. I love how Dante's mind works! A very vivid imagination of hell, purgatory and heaven. Reading this and discussing it in class made my imagination run so wild.

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry

This is also a highschool literature piece that we had to discuss for several gradings. I was just 15 back then but this book has a major influence on how to think maturely (yun eh! haha). It is a glimpse of reality and adulthood. I love it =)

Before I Go to Sleep

I am a fan of thriller/suspense books and this one did not disappoint! Really, when it got more interesting, I did not stop reading it until the very end. Sleepless nights because of this book. Highly recommended for suspense/thriller fans like me! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment